Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Ulta Sale: What I Bought

I'm an Ulta member, and every year they send out a big 20% coupon around this time. Only, this time, it works on everything (with very few exclusions). I usually stock up and get quite a few things. It also usually comes right before school for me, so its a great time to shop. Here is what I got this year.

Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Acne Masque-So I've been having quite a few breakouts lately, and the nasty, cystic kind. I had never tried any of the PTR products before, so I got this kit, and this was my favorite product out of the bunch. I use it as a spot treatment every night, and it really dries up your blemishes fast, while not drying out the rest of your skin. Plus it has a minty, clean scent, not the sulfur smell you would expect.

Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor-I'm starting to use lipstick more (#adulting), and I have a few inexpensive ones from Revlon, which are really great and what I'll stick to more often, but I love the color changing ones from Lipstick Queen. They feel more like a balm and give you great color. I was going to get the Frog Prince one, but then tried them both on in the store and liked Hello Sailor more.

Maybelline Full & Soft Thick & Healthy Waterproof Mascara-I wanted a cheap waterproof mascara to wear to the pool and beach, and this fit the bill! I wore it to the beach last weekend and it held up the whole time. It gives your lashes some natural oomph.

BareMinerals Precision Face Brush-I got one of the starter sets for the BareMinerals foundation, and it came with a decent brush, but this one had stellar reviews, and I had to try it. I've only used it twice, but I already love it, because it gives you natural, yet full coverage, without looking cakey.

Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette-This is one of Maybelline's new eye palettes. Despite its low price tag, the colors have a pretty rich pigment. You can easily create everyday and smokey looks. I would recommend using it with a primer though (this one is my favorite).

Did you get anything from the Ulta sale? What are some of your favorite makeup products?


No comments:

Post a Comment