Thursday, August 13, 2015

#tbt: Italy Edition

Last summer, I had the opportunity to study abroad in Rome for a month. It was amazing to see all of the Classical buildings and monuments I had only read about, while still experiencing the modern as I adapted to the Italian lifestyle. I left Italy with a deep love for travel. My confidence in myself also grew as I overcame my fears to ask someone for the price of something or to learn a whole new transportation system. Today I thought I would share some of my pictures from the trip (plus it's fun for me to relive!).

Luckily I got to Italy literally the week before they closed the Trevi Fountain for a massive restoration project. I threw many coins in it during my month there and even saw a proposal!

The Pantheon, beautiful at night!

The interior of the House of Menander, one of the most intact structures in Pompeii

One weekend was dedicated to Pompeii. We climbed Mt. Vesuvius, and the climb was hard, but this incredible view of Naples was worth it!

Paestum is a little known site near Naples. It has several Greek temples, so you get a little taste of Ancient Greece while still staying in Italy. There were hardly any people there when we went and I think its definitely a must see!

Oh hey there Pope!


We went to the Tuscany region one weekend and learned to make pasta and tasted wine at this beautiful winery. It is one of the only wineries that employs and encourages women winemakers so it was very cool to this women's college graduate!

Other Highlights of my trip: GELATO (my favorite was the Champagne from Giolitti mixed with Dark Chocolate), pizza, getting to see my best friend who had been studying abroad all year, watching the Italy World Cup game in one of the public squares, the Vatican City Museums (takes all day but a must to see the Sistine Chapel), window shopping near the Spanish Steps and on Via Condotti, and sight-seeing in Florence.

Did you study abroad in college? Where are you traveling to next?





No comments:

Post a Comment